From recently graduating college and moving into the corporate world, to getting the opportunity to work at TIK:TALK, it has been a whole new experience to say the least. Since I’ve been here, there has been a lot to learn, from finding my way around the office to working alongside everyone.
Starting with my first day, I have been constantly learning and improving my graphic design skills, while also getting a better grasp on my marketing skills. TIK:TALK definitely promotes having a firm understanding of every aspect of the marketing world to make you better at the area you focus on.
Some of the keys things I have learned that may be helpful to you as well are:
- It’s always good to keep in mind that nothing is going to be perfect the first time around. There are always changes to be made.
- It’s a great idea to always look over your work and make sure everything looks correct.
- Don’t forget to use spellcheck before sending it off.
- It’s always handy to have GPS on you when you have to travel to pick up products for clients… Don’t want to get lost, that’s never fun!
- Never get frustrated when working on a project, sometimes it’s a good idea to take a break and come back to it or even ask for feedback.
- Keep in mind that it is important to always take notes especially learning something new.
- If you don’t know something, ask! Collaboration is key in a marketing firm.
Not only have I picked up on these key pointers, I’m also continuing to learn some of the backend navigation for websites, apps, and our online ordering platform. Each day is something new, and I am happy to be advancing my portfolio and skillset. Stay-tuned for more insights as I learn them, and join me on my journey of navigating this marketing world!